Traditional Building Conference
June 23 - June 24
The Traditional Building Conference Series delivers focused, relevant education for architects, contractors, craftspeople, designers, building owners and facilities managers in a time-efficient format.
If you’re a fan of traditional building techniques, adaptive reuse, or historic preservation, historic Alexandria offers a picturesque living laboratory to experience classic American architecture. From April 7-8, when the cherry blossoms bloom and the cobblestone streets are washed in sunshine, enjoy our educational seminars, architectural walking tours, and behind-the-scenes access to the most popular historic residence in the country.
- Masonry Cleaning Methods at the US Capitol
- Traditional and Transparent: The Stabilization of Menokin House
- Global Perspectives/Local Practices: Sustainability and Historic Preservation
- The Restoration of Stone Tracery for Stained Glass Windows – Ancient Craftsmanship/Modern Technology
- Using the Historic Practice of Practical Geometry Today
- Terra Cotta Tile: Color Selection and Matching
- The Influence of Palladio on Mid-Atlantic Domestic Architecture
- Private Evening Tour of George Washington’s Mount Vernon (Includes exclusive sites not normally open to the public)
- Sketching Alexandria
- Architectural Highlights of Historic Downtown Alexandria