joint compound
10 years ago No Comments

(pronounced joynt kahm-POWND)

Also known as drywall compound, as well as the more slangish “mud,” joint compound is a water-soluble, gypsum binder material designed as a filler for drywall that seals joints between panels of sheetrock. This white-ish substance comes in both dry powder form to mix with water and as a pre-mixed paste. FYI: In the plumbing trade, the material applied to threaded connections to help prevent leaks is also called joint compound.