What is WELL AP?
If you are practicing in the fields of interior design or architecture, then you are intimately familiar with the LEED AP credential, but have you heard of WELL AP, a.k.a. WELL Accredited Professional?
Developed in collaboration with the International WELL Building Institute [IWBI], the WELL AP credential indicates specialization in the WELL Building Standard® and advanced knowledge in human health and wellness in the built environment.
How do you become WELL AP?
To become a WELL AP, all candidates must pass the WELL AP exam. The exam was developed using the rigorous test development best practices of Green Building Certification Inc. [GBCI], and is based on the expertise of leading building industry practitioners, academic researchers and physicians in the field of design, health and wellness in the built environment.
The exam is designed to test a candidate’s understanding of the principles, practices and applications of the WELL Building Standard.
Looking for WELL AP resources?
WELL AP candidates should be conversant in the information found in the September 2015 release versions of both the WELL Building Standard v1 and the WELL Certification Guidebook. Further study resources are listed below:
- International WELL Building Institute website
- WELL Building Standard September 2015
- WELL Certification Guidebook September 2015
- Introduction to the WELL Building Standard
- Hosting the Client Conversation about the WELL Building Standard webinar
- Performance Verification webinar
- WELL educational courses on the Education @USGBC portal