To launch WHY, their new digital platform featuring weekly stories examining the process of and reasoning behind why they do what they do, design history maker Herman Miller commissioned a 108-second illustrative video reviewing their last (or, should we say first) 108 years.
The Forces Behind Herman Miller
The answer as to why Herman Miller has remained an industry frontrunner for 10+ decades reveals itself through the clip’s recognizable silhouettes and figures:
- Design Director George Nelson‘s tireless vision
- Isamu Noguchi‘s elegant, untouchable tables
- Pioneers Charles and Ray Eames‘ stunning array of innovative chairs
- Alexander Girard‘s clever, life-infusing textile collections
- Robert Propst‘s forward-thinking Action Office workplace revolution
- Bill Stumpf and Don Chadwick‘s ergonomic (and now ubiquitous) Aeron Chair
The Future of Herman Miller
Herman Miller, keep the iconography coming. We look forward to your next 100+ years of research, ideas and problem-solving, not to mention furniture, textiles and storytelling.