Sitting Well: Tips for Personalizing Your Seat to Your Sitting Habits by Room & Board
A good office chair is the foundation to a healthy ergonomic environment. But how do you pick the right one? And when you do, how do you know if you are sitting correctly?
To make sure you have the best seat in the room, Room & Board Business Interiors shares 5 tips for finding the perfect office chair to suit your personal sitting habits.
5 Tips for Personalizing Your Seat
A proper office chair is the foundation to a healthy ergonomic environment. Room & Board Business Interiors Retail Market Manger, Nicole Gaynor shares her top 5 tips on finding an office chair to suits your personal sitting style and how to sit well:
1) Start with an adjustable height chair that allows a 90 degree angle at your knees.
2) Consider your “sitting style”. Do you perch at the edge of your chair, sit all the way back, or a combination? Choose a seat depth that will work best for you.
3) Other considerations: lumbar support, adjustable arms, and the flexibility of a swivel chair when working in a small space.
4) Don’t forget, no matter what chair you choose, you need to be conscious of your posture. Bad posture can lead to a sore neck, shoulders, and back.
5) Last but not least, be sure to layer in regular breaks throughout your day to get up and move.
About Room & Board Business Interiors
Room & Board Business Interiors offers an array of ergonomic office chairs to fit all sitting habits, including an assortment of best-selling chairs from Humanscale. All chairs ship for FREE via UPS through Room & Board Business Interiors.
pictured in feature image: Choral Chair