- This event has passed.
Global Wellness Day
With the slogan “One day can change your whole life,” we celebrate Global Wellness Day on the second Saturday of June every year as an international day.
Global Wellness Day is an entirely not-for-profit day, a social project dedicated to living well. The purpose of Global Wellness Day is to ask the question, even if for just one day, “How can I live a healthier and better life?”, to direct the thoughts of both individuals and society towards “living well” and to raise awareness.
The main aims of Global Wellness Day are:
- To recognize the value of our lives
- To pause and think, even if for just one day of the year
- To be free from the stress of everyday city life and bad habits
- To make peace with ourselves
- To raise awareness about living well and increase motivation, not just for today, but for the remaining 364 days of the year
First celebrated in 2012, Global Wellness Day was established in Turkey as the “first” day dedicated to living well, and has now been accepted worldwide. Reflecting its success, in 2019 Global Wellness Day has been celebrated simultaneously in more than 150 countries at 8000 different locations with different events ranging from a 45K marathon to zumba and from Tai Chi to the medical care of children at the Thailand and Myanmar border and visiting elderly people’s houses.