demising wall
10 years ago No Comments

(pronounced dih-MIZ-ing wall)

If you end up working in either corporate design or tenant development, you will encounter this phrase often. The term refers to the wall separating a tenant’s (i.e. an occupant’s) suite from either another tenant’s suite or the building’s common areas. Most of the time, a demising wall is constructed from floor to either the building roof deck or floor deck above (in the case of multiple stories). Depending on the local building codes and the tenant’s security needds, the wall may also be fire rated and/or reinforced.